Records tumble as India thump Malaysia in Asia Cup06/03/2018
Hushed tones: six of the best noise-cancelling headphones | Technology06/03/2018
Another week has come and passed us by, and what a week it was. There were a some launches, announcements, and a lot of general new things happening in the world of Android this past week from May 27 to June 1. So, if you were unable to follow along (you really should follow along, you know), here’s everything that happened this last week on Android:
- The Essential Phone received the Android P developer preview update
- There were reports that some Android phones were shipping with Malware pre-installed.
- The Vivo Z1 was launched in China with a SD 660, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and a notched FullHD+ display.
- The Lenovo Z5 launch on June 5th was confirmed.
- A fake ad for Fortnite on Android was doing the rounds. Be safe people, there are no such plans yet.
- According to a leaked image of the Pixel 3XL front panel, the phone might come with a notch.
- Carrot Weather — the unapologetically crass weather app — is now available on Android for free, with in-app purchases.
- The Halide Camera app appeared on the Play Store, only for the developers to announce that it’s a rip-off.
- The Vivo X21 was launched in India for Rs 35,999. The company also told us that the Vivo Apex should come to India by the end of June. By the way, check out our review on the same.
- Nokia launched the Nokia 5.1, 3.1 and 2.1 with upgraded specs and Android One.
- Netflix redesigned its Android app’s video-player UI and made it a lot better.
- A security researcher was able to fool the OnePlus 6 Face Unlock with a printed photo.
- The Pixel 3 is now also rumoured to come with a dual selfie camera, but a single rear camera. This is getting weird.
- MIUI 10 was announced by Xiaomi at the Mi 8 launch.
- Which brings us to the Mi 8 being launched with a Snapdragon 845 alongside the Mi 8 Explorer Edition, and the Mi 8 SE. The explorer edition comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner, FaceID tech and a translucent back.
- The Mi 8 beat the Pixel 2 in DxOMark ratings. It scored 105 on the photography test.
- Patanjali launched its WhatsApp competitor Kimbho, but it was later found out that the app was a fake. The company later responded saying the app was a test run and will return soon.