Wonder what then is the best way to have YouTube videos playing in the background while you multi-task? In this how-to we guide you how to keep playing YouTube videos in the background on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Steps to follow on your Android smartphone
1. Open Google Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
2. Type in ‘www.youtube.com’ in address bar
3. Now press the vertical three-dots in the top right corner of the browser to open the Menu options.
4. Tap on ‘Request desktop site’ and wait for the page to load.
5. Now accept the notification popup, in case you are asked that YouTube wants to send you notifications.
6. Select and play the video you want to tuck in the background.
7. Minimize the Chrome and resume the playback from the notification menu.
Steps to follow on your iOS device
If you are using an iOS device then follow all of the above guidelines till the step No. 6 and then exit Google Chrome using the home button and resume the playback from the iOS control center.
Remember, this is just a workaround to let YouTube videos run in the background while you do other stuff on your phone. However, if you want to minimize the videos using the YouTube app then you’ll have to wait till Google launches YouTube Red feature in India.
Note: Using this feature can increase the battery consumption of your phone.